Painting a room or a house can be a very fulfilling accomplishment, especially for homeowners who made time and effort to roll up their sleeves and willingly prepare themselves to get their hands dirty. But not everyone has the time or capability to paint. Hiring a contractor or a professional painter in Perth alleviates the stress burden and responsibilities from homeowners. Still, finding the right one is a critical decision that requires careful consideration.
Use the following tips to hire the right professional for any painting project:
Looking for a contractor
One of the best ways to find a contractor is through the internet. Given the modernisation of technologies, internet became our window to the world. There are a lot of painting companies available that offers vast services. But not all of them can deliver quality workmanship. Some of the companies that stand out in Perth are Painter Perth and Perth House painters.
You can also ask for referrals from your friends and acquaintances that have had good experiences with painting contractors in your area.
Get to know your choices:
Always ask contractors the following questions:
• How long have you been in business?
• What kind of products do you use?
• Can you provide references?
• Do you have the proper/required licenses?
• Do you have insurance and bonding? (This helps determine whether your contractor or any hired workers are insured for injury and liability.)
Get estimates from at least three contractors:
Estimates between the contractors that you have chosen should fall roughly within the same price range. Acquaint potential contractors around the areas you want to be painted. Be specific about which surfaces you want to have painted and the paint colours and finishes you want used. If estimates significantly differ from one another, ask what is not being done or where corners are being cut.
Ask for a contract:
As a consumer, you have the right to ask for a contract especially for services rendered, whether you’ll be spending a small or large amount of money. Other questions you have in mind should also be asked no matter how minor they are.
In particular, be sure to verify the following:
• When and how the contractor will be paid
• Details on preparation and cleanup
• Paint colours for each area to be painted
• What exactly is being painted (house, trim, walls, moulding, etc.)
• How much time the project will take, from start to finish
When you are contented with all the inquiries, you’ll be ready to hire the right Perth painting contractor.